Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Contest!!


I got this idea after we spent a couple minutes scanning in my daughter's artwork to share. I'm going to have my first-ever blog contest!

Here is the scoop:

Ask your child (ages 3-6) to draw you a picture of themselves having their portrait taken. The image should be drawn with crayon, paint or marker on white paper. Scan in the image and send it to me by email (emily @ veralana.com) with the subject "Blog Contest". If more than 10 entries are received, 10 finalists will be selected. The finalists' entries will be posted on the blog, and voting will be conducted by a public poll. The winner of the poll will win a portrait session and an 8x10 of the winning artist holding his or her artwork.

The small print: Contest is open to residents of the DC area. Entries must be submitted by a parent, but drawn by a child age 3-6. Scanned images should be 600 pixels on the large side. Please keep the original artwork. Prize is an outdoor or studio session at the photographer's location of choice for the winning artist in the month of February or March 2009. Entries must be submitted November 19-30. Voting will be via poll on my blog (open to the public, one vote per person). I reserve the right to cancel the contest at any time, or disqualify entries if I believe any entries are not made in good faith or I suspect voting irregularities. After all, this contest is supposed to be fun! Winner will be posted on the blog and notified by email. Free session must be scheduled in February or March, and will expire if not used by the end of March 2009.

3 comments:

ptg said...

Oh, I so wish we lived in the area and Bella was older! You are so talented!!! :o) Good luck with the contest!

Anonymous said...

This looks good- but G is not so proficient in the "drawing-something-i-ask-her-to-draw" category. It's more like "g, can you draw a christmas tree?" and she says "uhm , no, how about a worm?"
and that is about how it goes.
But you know I will do anything for a photo session!
She DID pick up our fisher price camera yesterday and took pictures of us saying "I am miss emily. say cheese"

Ollie Girl! Custom Boutique said...

What a fun contest, Emily! I can't wait to see all the wonderful submissions!