Monday, August 11, 2008

Critters


I spent a little time last week just looking for the some of the littlest visitors to my garden. The song lyrics "take this broken wing and learn to fly again" kept popping into my head with that butterfly. The fuzzy bee stuck around for quite some time and was an easy subject. Unlike many of his other buddy bees.


I loved this tiny fly. He was so small (about half the width of my pinky nail) I had to get extremely close just even with the macro lens.


And I think this was your ordinary yellow jacket, just a strange angle that shows off his antennae.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are soo cool! You have to teach me how to take some pictures! I have these lovely sunflowers in my yard covered in cool bees but all my pictures look like a yellow flower covered in mush :) Very very pretty. I think that same butterfly visited my zinnias- i have almost the same little guy in my yard i took photos of in the spring