Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I won First Prize (and third, too!)


I'm very excited to share that I won first prize in the family/groups category in the print competition I entered last week. The image I entered was of a grandfather/granddaughter pair I photographed earlier this year. I had another print in the same category which took 3rd place. The competition included photographers from throughout the US and Canada, and I was very honored to receive recognition, especially since this was the first competition I have entered. I shared the news with my parents, and found out that my father won an award for his portraits in a competition on the night I was born. So he was happy to know he has passed the torch.

Oh, and if you're reading this, leave me a comment! I get a lot of readers but so few comments. I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Looks like a wonderful image- your award is well deserved.

Ollie Girl! Custom Boutique said...

Wow Emily! That is just wonderful! Congratulations. You deserve it with all your time and talent you have invested!